The Youth and College ministry will be participating in our annual Mission Trip to the Rocky Mount community. Youth ministries from throughout the region will gather in Rocky Mount to love and serve the community! We will be staying overnight at First Baptist Church and doing mission work throughout the day! Our main areas of service will be the Basset Center, the Happy Hill neighborhood, local schools, Peacemakers, and other mission sites! Please partner with the youth ministry through prayer! We need prayer warriors who will commit to supporting the missionaries and help advance the Gospel through love and relationship! You can also partner with the ministry by providing various sports drinks, water, snacks, and even by sponsoring a student or donating to The Youth Pastors Coalition! The trip is $100!
TEAM252 GENERAL INFORMATION
PAYMENTS AND SPONSORSHIPS
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE DURING AND THROUGH THE REGISTRATION WITH THE YOUTH PASTORS COALITION (YPC).
If you would like to pay via check, make it out to Youth Pastors Coalition and mail it to 1861 Cooper Fields Drive, Nashville, NC 27856.
If you would like to sponsor a student from WTC YOU CAN! If by check, follow the instructions above. If you want to pay online, click the link below.
Be sure to email Kyle at to let him know you made a donation to help cover a Word Tab student!
COMMUNICATION AND CHECK IN
You can sign up for Team252 text messages to hear about what is going on AND you can send messages directly to leadership!
Text the message "@19team252"
to the number: 81010
Parents and families are welcome to come to the night "reflection" sessions at First Baptist Church. The reflection sessions will be led by local youth leaders and community leaders. They begin at 8pm and end at 9:30. Parents who come to them will have to exit after the sessions.
WHEN TO ARRIVE AND DEPART
• Team252 begins on Monday at 9 am at First Baptist Church.
• First Baptist is located at 200 S Church St, Rocky Mount, NC 27804
• Check-in and registration will be between 9:00am and 9:30am.
• Student pickup is Friday from First Baptist Church from 6:00-6:30 pm.
• All students must be picked up no later than 6:30 pm.
PRAYER AND COMMISIONING DURING 10AM SERVICE
All missionaries who will take part in the TEAM252 mission trip will be prayed for as a "sending out" during the 10 am service on the Sunday before the mission trip.
Missionaries will be called up to the altar where the church will pray for them and cover them for the week. Missionaries will also receive a yellow bag which will be utilized throughout the week as a way to keep track of items that are used throughout the week.
Families can decorate this bag with their missionary or the missionary can decorate it themselves. Feel free to make it as personally designed and unique as you feel! We encourage families to write prayers, scriptures, and words of encouragement on one side and have students to create their own personal design on the other side.
WHAT TO PACK
• Bible, Notebook, Pen/Pencil
• Sleeping Material: Sleeping bag, and pillow, blow up mattress
• Towel and wash cloth
• Toiletries (soap, shower gel, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
• Shower shoes ($1/$5 flip flops from Walmart will work)
• A plastic bag for dirty/wet towels and clothes. A trash bag is recommended as you will have dirty clothes each day.
• A REFILLABLE water bottle
Clothes to Pack
o Weather appropriate and modest clothing: please check the weather before you pack for the trip in case you may need to pack something weather specific (ex: sweatshirt, umbrella, pants). All events are casual dress.
o Mission Site clothing needs to be modest and comfortable. You will be out in the sun, running around, and it will be warm/hot. As you choose clothing that is comfortable, please do not sacrifice modesty. Wear clothing you do not mind getting dirty.
o We will shower and change clothes when we get back to First Baptist Church. Students can change into comfortable “loungewear” which can range from jeans to sweatpants/shorts. Again, you will be in mixed company so it needs to be appropriate for engagement, but you will remain at the Church for the evening, so you won’t need to “dress to impress”
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Students will be working at various sites in the Rocky Mount area during the week.
• The sites may include manual labor, VBS style outreach, cleaning, praying for others, playing with children, talking with the elderly, etc.
• There will be chaperones at every work site and First Baptist.
• Students are not permitted to drive other students.
• Students are not permitted to leave a work site or First Baptist Church unless prior written permission from the parent/guardian.
• Students will be assigned work sites at registration. Based off the mission needs, the student inventory on the registration form, and the Youth Pastors Coalition has prayerfully placed students at work sites. Our goal is to form unity among the students and chaperones in their community, and serve the community.